I've realized that since having Olivia that I am way better at handling kids eating messy, sticky, slimy, gooey, slippery stuff. Emma didn't EVER get put in her high chair and left to eat whatever and make a big mess of herself. Occasionally, I gave in and would give Emma something, but I took it away before she could finish and I ran her to the bathtub. I don't know why, it just drove me nuts to see her dirty! I I was looking through my photo album and I could only find 2 pictures of Emma messy. I think I may have deprived my child! And with Olivia it seems like it's at least once a week that she makes a mess, and luckily sometimes I'm not here to see the mess, just the cute pictures! We'll see with the next baby, I just may turn into an actual human being!
Olivia with a lollipop
Thankfully, I wasn't home for this (for Olivia's sake) I probably wouldn't have even let her hold it, I would hold it and she could lick it.
Emma after a PB & J
Emma after a PB & JI have no recollection of this mess. I know I took the picture....maybe it was such a big mess, I blocked it from my memory. I know, I'm crazy.
Emma eating ice cream
One of the few pictures of her being messy, and obviously she just loved it.

Olivia with Oreos
This one, I told Edwin not to give her an Oreo or she would be a big mess! He's more fun that me, and he cleaned it up....this time.

Olivia with Licorice
Sadly, I took it away before she finished and scrubbed her clean!
Emma eating ice creamOne of the few pictures of her being messy, and obviously she just loved it.

Olivia with Oreos
This one, I told Edwin not to give her an Oreo or she would be a big mess! He's more fun that me, and he cleaned it up....this time.

Olivia with Licorice
Sadly, I took it away before she finished and scrubbed her clean!


3 comments:
Cute messy pictures! On this matter I think we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I actually feel a little bad because MOST of the pictures I have of Jessica and Joshua during their first two years of life are of food and extreme messiness! :)
Did you ever let your kids have chocolate cake and ice cream on their 1st birthday. That is one of our traditions- it fun but, oh so messy. It's fun to let your kids get messy. I like to give my kids ice cream cause they don't get it alot and it makes me feel like a good mom for some reason. I love the lolly pop picture.
You might have inherited that from me. Although I think it's cute to see babies with messy faces, I don't like the clean up, the house smeared, and especially the mess falling to the floor.
When we were first married, I felt such a lot of pressure to be clean in everything that I looked at messes in the house and with kids as no-no's; messy kids was something that was totally unacceptable. Now, they can make their messes, have fun, and THEN clean up. Thoroughly!
You're a good mom!
Post a Comment