Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's ask Mr. Webster.....

Edwin and I were laughing about this earlier and I just had to share it.
I'm sure all parents can relate to having their children spout off words that make absolutely no sense....and if you aren't a parent, I'm sure your nieces, nephews, cousins and even strangers have stumped you with the made up words they come up with to express how they are feeling.

Emma's famous phrase came about a year ago when she was crying because "Something cautched [kaw - ched] me" it's still cracking us up.
Jessica's phrase: "Just munk it"which is so funny. It almost sounds like an Oreo advertisment or maybe sports?
And of course Joshua's word: "But-e-cause" which translates to "because". That one cracks me up, especially in his deep voice.
Zane's phrase that he always says to everyone: "Nnnn you doing" asking "what are you doing" and he usually starts in the middle of the sentence. I asked Emily what his words are, and she said everything out of his mouth has his own little twist.
Ashley & Hannah have their own language that is still to be determined by linguists! ;] Just Kidding. I know everytime Ashley sees Olivia, she says "See's cute" with her cute little smile!
I'm sure sure Julia's anxious to hear what Hailey comes up with!

And that's our kids guys....this Christmas I'm putting it on T-shirts and they can wear them....and by they, I mean Joe, John, Edwin & Craig.
That'll be a good picture right? :]

1 comment:

Patty B. said...

I love to hear little kids' attempts at mastering language! It's so cute because you know they're trying to copy us and think they have it right, so with a straight face they speak and we giggle!